Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Entrepreneurial Tigers

Forbes Magazine recently came out with a list of America's Most Entrepreneurial Colleges 2015 and ranked Trinity University at #8 in the country. We are extremely proud of this acknowledgement, as liberal arts education encourages entrepreneurial thought within its students and Trinity has established a unique program here. Trinity's Entrepreneurship program is making a major impact on one of our current student-athletes, Khambrel Roach. Kham came to Trinity from Miami, Florida and has been a member of Trinity Basketball for the past two years. Here are Kham's comments when asked about the program:


For years I have always brainstormed and imagined how much better the world would be if certain products were created. I have always had big ideas and it wasn't until my freshman year of college when I began to learn how to focus my passion for innovation. I learned that through entrepreneurship, these ideas that I constantly render in my mind could be transformed from visions into tangible products through strategic and diligent work ethic. When I heard of the entrepreneurship program at Trinity, I immediately scheduled a meeting with the program director, Dr. Martinez, to tell him all my ideas. In our meeting he smiled and said I had the mind of a true entrepreneur. I was motivated and began to work tirelessly on my ideas. I learned to code, design 3D models, and work with various animation softwares and am proud to say I have successfully started my first business, Recordio LLC, and plan to launch an app (Recordio) this coming fall. While Recordio is shaping out to be my first entrepreneurial success, I am currently involved with several other projects that have grown from my ideas. Through the program, I have been able to meet many successful entrepreneurs that have profited from their ideas, landed an internship with Venture Lab (an entrepreneurship hub located in San Antonio) and personally presented my ideas to local San Antonio investors and venture capitalists. I didn't know the Entrepreneurship program existed until I arrived here, but it has been a big part of what I love about Trinity.

- Khambrel Roach '17